Areas of Interest
Athletic Training student employees transport student-athletes to physician appointments, assist with hydration needs at various practices and events, and assist with inventory and stocking facilities.
- Creative Content and Video Production student employees shoot and edit video content for social media, videoboards, broadcast and digital usage.
- Student photographers complete many types of photography, editing, archive work, data entry, creative setup building, and more.
Responsibilities in photography and creating graphic designs for everything pertaining athletics will be dependent on level of ability. Student workers must be available to work games, including nights and weekends.
The diversity, equity, and inclusion student employee is part of the creation, development, and communication of educational materials and resources. They support department and campus efforts pertaining to diversity and inclusion by attending meetings, serving on committees, aiding in events, and completing administrative tasks.
- Event Management student employees assist with guest services and event staffing, providing gameday support as assistant game manager to professional staff, supervising and training Geaux Team, working closely with coaching staff, game officials and visiting teams, and assisting with gameday parking operations.
- On Geaux Team, students assist with set ups and break downs, gameday parking operations, and guest services while providing gameday support to professional staff.
- Victory Team students are the first point of contact for issues at ticketed sporting events such as football, basketball, gymnastics, and baseball. They provide exceptional customer service skills for an optimal fan experience. Members are also committed to working game events that includes nights and weekends.
- Maravich Center – Main responsibilities include changing the layout of the PMAC according to the needs of the athletic department and the upkeep and organization of materials. Student employees can also expect to assist in pregame production such as spotlights and other administrative tasks.
- Grounds – Grounds student employees assist in athletic field maintenance by mowing athletic field playing surfaces, painting athletic fields including Tiger Stadium, grooming artificial turf, working infield dirt and clay work, and ensuring athletic fields and facilities are ready for practice and gameday events.
- Operations – Operations student employees assist with event management functions, facility preparation, supplying game day needs, and facility management.
- Football Operations student employees assist with answering the phone, delivering and picking up mail, computer work, making copies, laminating, and other office duties as assigned.
- Athletics Equipment student employees manage LSU Athletics equipment.
- Player personnel student employees assist with early identification of prospects, evaluating and cutting film, and completing the behind-the-scenes preparation for recruiting visits.
- Recruiting student employees complete office and operational tasks including the handling of transcripts, mail, event set-up, registration, and logistics.
IT student employees in Athletics serves as a general help desk and provides tech support for all sports and sporting events. Student employees can be expected to provide tech support at games, the game venue, and all technology used by and within athletics.
- Student employees execute promotions and fan engagement elements at home LSU Athletic events (i.e. Football, Men’s/Women’s Basketball, Gymnastics, Baseball and Softball). They create and implement marketing initiatives and strategies for select sports and programs (i.e. Soccer, Volleyball, Men’s/Women’s Tennis, Beach Volleyball and Track & Field). They participate in the development of advertising campaigns and fan experience initiatives for Mike’s Kids Club, Geaux Rewards Program, and the Official Athletics Mobile App. Student employees lead and manage sponsor activations and organize featured fan events while assisting with day-to-day office operations.
- Student employees will be expected to hold weekly office hours and help with administrative tasks as well as assist in in-game elements such as promotions, recognitions, giveaways, etc. This position requires the commitment to work athletic events which includes nights and weekends.
A student employee will be responsible for managing Athlete Network content, the letter winner email list, and newsletter creation. Responsibilities also include keeping membership contact information up to date and collecting dues, assisting in keeping a social media presence, and participating in peer institution research for ongoing projects. This employee would be expected to work all events such as tailgates and reunions and those tasks that could include check-in, set up, gift distributions, etc.
Student employees assist with managing and posting social media content upon assigned LSU Athletics social platforms.
Student employees answer phones and provide information and assistance regarding ticketed events; Conduct basic ticketing activities and process normal ticketing transactions for all ticketed sports and special events; Provide administrative assistance by making phone calls, copies, filing and helping with mailings and promotions; And assist Ticket Managers with coordination of box office activities. Student employees are required to periodically work nights, weekends, and some holidays, and all home football games.
Working in Tiger Life can include assisting in the production of graphics, video, and photos for Tiger Life material. Student employees can be expected to participate in the creation, development, and execution of events surrounding community service, career exploration, and mentorship opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in LSU Athletics. Once you complete this form, a member of our department will receive your information. If an available opportunity arises in the area(s) of interest that you selected, you may receive communication from our department using the contact information you provide. Submitted applications are valid for one (1) year. Thank you and Geaux Tigers!