Who We Are?
The Sport Psychology & Counseling (SPC) area is a unit of the Athletic Training Department that is committed to fostering holistic wellness and positive mental health among all student-athletes at LSU in an effort to enhance their lives both during and after intercollegiate athletic participation. SPC provides clinical support, education, and strategic programming to ensure that wellness and mental health are vital components of all departmental services for the social, cultural, academic, and performance interests of all student-athletes. To that end, SPC works closely with the entire Athletic Department, university committees and task forces, and community affinity groups whose charge is to support the overall wellness and mental health of all LSU students, faculty, and staff.
The core tenants of the Athletic Department and SPC missions provide a strong platform from which to launch a focused vision for education, transformation, and innovation.
- Efficient, Student-Focused Counseling and Performance Services
- Culturally competent treatment that addresses concerns related but not limited to race & ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation & gender expression, religion & spirituality, and ability.
- Strategic Wellness Programming & Initiatives
- Anchored Departmental Outreach
- Concentrated Mental Health Development & Research Efforts