Men’s Tennis Named ITA All-Academic Team; Seven ITA Scholar-Athletes
BATON ROUGE— The LSU men’s tennis team was one of 145 programs nationally in all divisions recognized by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association as an All-Academic Team for the 2020-21 season.
The Tigers posted a 3.66 overall GPA for the 2020-21 season, the highest team GPA out of any athletic team on campus.
Individually, Benjamin Ambrosio, Malik Bhatnagar, Ronald Hohmann, Ben Koch, Boris Kozlov, Joey Thomas, and Nick Watson, were tabbed ITA Scholar-Athletes.
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year