In coordination with state public health officials, the Southeastern Conference and university officials, LSU Athletics has announced plans welcoming ticketed fans to Tiger Park for the 2021 softball season.
In order to accommodate fans and to comply with public health guidelines, LSU is implementing numerous changes to its gameday policies and Tiger Park will open the season with 25 percent capacity.
The health and safety of fans is the top priority in LSU Athletics’ planning and preparation for the 2021 softball season at Tiger Park. Among numerous safety measures, fans will be required to wear face masks on campus and in Tiger Park. Physical distancing will also be mandatory.
A comprehensive and regularly updated list of all COVID-19 related changes and fan notifications can be found below. Fans can also receive updates with the new LSU Sports Mobile App.
LSU Athletics officials remind fans plans for the 2021 season are subject to change before and during the season along with changes to public-health guidelines related to the spread of COVID-19.
Season ticket holders that opted in for the 2021 year have been given the opportunity to select their tickets for softball over the past few days. The LSU Athletics Ticket Office will be in contact with ticket holders on next steps in the distribution process. A limited number of non-conference single-game tickets may be available for purchase at lsutix.net on a game-by-game basis.
Student tickets will be made available for all home games. LSU Athletics will be in contact with students via email with details.
Fans and media will not have access to the field or team areas which will be limited to the student-athletes, coaching staff, institutional personnel and umpires who are in the Southeastern Conference testing protocols.
Tiger Park entrances will open one hour prior to the first LSU game each day and fans must sit in their assigned seats. Masks must be worn at all times except for when actually eating and drinking.
Games in which LSU is NOT playing, only player-pass ticket holders will be permitted into Tiger Park.
Fans with medical issues of concern as listed by the CDC are encouraged to enjoy games on television from home this season. LSU Athletics is asking all Tiger fans to adhere to health and safety guidelines as directed by public health officials. Geaux Safe and other in-venue policies remain in place for 2021 and LSU officials are asking fans to reduce what they bring to games to help minimize contact points for bag checks.
- Concessions and merchandise transactions are cashless. Cash to credit machines are available.
- Additional vending machines will be installed throughout the park.
- Concession stands will offer a simplified menu with only pre-packaged items to minimize contact with food and decrease transaction times.
- Pre-packaged condiments will be provided to fans.
- Refill stations have been disabled. Fans will receive refills from the concession stand.
- Alcohol will continue to be sold in Tiger Park. Alcohol may only be consumed in seating areas. No standing consumption of alcohol in corridors or common areas is permitted.
- There will be no self-service buffets or other food items provided in premium areas.
- Fans will be permitted to bring 1 (one) 1-liter (34 ounces) or smaller factory-sealed bottle of water into Tiger Park.
- Fans who might be sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should stay home and contact a physician.
- Face masks covering the nose and mouth are required on campus and inside the Tiger Park. Face masks may be temporarily removed while consuming food and beverages.
- Face shields should only be worn in combination with a face mask.
- Physical distancing will be mandatory in all areas.
- Fans must follow all safety and health guidelines as indicated by on-premise signage.
- Fans are not permitted to smoke or vape on LSU campus.
- Fans with medical issues of concern as listed by the CDC are encouraged to enjoy games on television from home this season.
- Fans are asked to reduce what they bring to minimize contact points and bag searches. Geaux Safe and other in-venue policies remain in place for 2021.
- All transactions will be cashless.
- Tailgating is not permitted on campus for the 2021 softball season. LSU Athletics encourages fans without tickets to enjoy the game from home in order to help minimize the number of people on campus. In order to comply with public health guidelines, tailgating and tailgate setups, including tents, trailers, outdoor cooking, generators and communal food and beverage areas will not be permitted on campus.
- All parking lots around Tiger Park are open and free of charge for LSU softball games.
- RV are encouraged to park in Lot 412 to the east of Tiger Park.
- ADA Parking is available in Lot 406 with proper identification/license tags.
- Gates will open one (1) hour to the first LSU game each day.
- Games in which LSU is NOT playing, ONLY player-pass ticket holders for those teams playing will be permitted into Tiger Park.
- Clear Bag Policy remains in place, though fans are encouraged not to bring bags into the venue.
- Bag checks will be very limited and times of entry increased for those fans who bring bags into the Tiger Park.
- LSU Athletics will be in contact with students via email with details.
Fans with questions regarding any LSU Athletics policy should contact LSU Guest Services at (225) 578-4085 or the LSU Athletic Ticket Office at (225) 578-0100 during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. CT). This service will also be available before, during and after LSU Athletics events. Follow live updates @LSUgameops on Twitter and with the new LSU Sports Mobile App on Apple and Android devices.