Tigers Fall to No. 9 Georgia, 4-0
ATHENS, Georgia—The LSU men’s tennis team (13-8 overall, 3-5 SEC) was blanked by No. 9 Georgia, 4-0, at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex Sunday afternoon.
The Bulldogs only dropped five games en route to securing the singles point. The scoring got started after UGA’s No. 26 Trent Bryde/Phillip Henning defeated Boris Kozlov/Nick Watson, 6-2. The doubles point was clinched after No. 65 Tristan McCormick/Hamish Stewart defeated Tiger duo Gabriel Diaz Freire/Kent Hunter, 6-3.
LSU and UGA played clinch/clinch, so singles was a quick ordeal after the Bulldogs were victorious on three courts. Georgia picked up first set victories on five of the six courts with only LSU’s Ben Koch securing a first set victory on court six. Georgia went up 2-0 after No. 104 Trent Bryde defeated Joao Graca, 6-3, 6-2. Blake Croyder defeated Boris Kolzov, 6-3, 6-1, and Georgia would complete the sweep after No. 17 Hamish Stewart defeated Vlad Lobak, 6-4, 6-2. When the match finished, Ben Koch was up 6-4, 4-4 on court six, Kent Hunter was heading to a third set at 0-6, 7-5, and Diaz Freire was down, 3-6, 4-4.
LSU returns home to face Texas A&M on Friday, April 8 at 5:00 p.m. at the LSU Tennis Complex.
#9 Georgia 4, #38 LSU 0
- #17 Hamish Stewart (UGA) def. Vlad Lobak (LSU) 6-4, 6-2
- #76 Philip Henning (UGA) vs. Kent Hunter (LSU) 6-0, 5-7, unfinished
- #32 Tristan McCormick (UGA) vs. Gabriel Diaz Freire (LSU) 6-3, 4-4, unfinished
- #104 Trent Bryde (UGA) def. Joao Graco (LSU) 6-3, 6-2
- Blake Croyder (UGA) def. Boris Kozlov (LSU) 6-3, 6-1
- Thomas Paulsell (UGA) vs. Ben Koch (LSU) 4-6, 4-4, unfinished
- #65 Tristan McCormick/Hamish Stewart (UGA) def. Gabriel Diaz Freire/Kent Hunter (LSU) 6-3
- #26 Trent Bryde/Philip Henning (UGA) def. Boris Kozlov/Nick Watson (LSU) 6-2
- #53 Blake Croyder/Erik Grevelius (UGA) vs. Ronald Hohmann/Ben Koch (LSU) 5-5, unfinished
LSU 13-8; National ranking #38
Georgia 15-5; National ranking #9
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (4,5,1)