Men’s Tennis Defeats Arkansas, 5-2
FAYETTEVILLE, AR—The LSU men’s tennis team defeated the Arkansas Razorbacks Friday night at the Billingsley Tennis Center.
The Tigers improve to 10-6 on the season and pick up their second win in SEC play, pushing their conference record to 2-5.
Arkansas came out rolling on all three doubles courts early on. Each LSU duo saw their respective court down 4-1, a deficit that was too much to overcome for courts two and three. Arkansas’s Melvin Manuel and Adrien Burdet were first off the court after defeating Joao Graca and Joey Thomas, 6-3. The Razorbacks quickly clinched the doubles point after Nico Rousset and Alex Reco defeated Boris Kozlov and Nick Watson, 6-4.
In losing the doubles point, LSU would need to pick up a victory on four out of the six singles courts. They managed to do that and more. The Razorbacks quickly picked up another point on court two after Nico Rousset defeated Tom Pisane, 6-1, 6-0. That would be the last point that Arkansas would get as the Tigers caught fire, taking the first set on the rest of the courts. Rafael Wagner was the first to put the Tigers on the board after he defeated Maxim Verboven, 6-4, 6-3. Boris Kozlov tied the match up on court two with a decisive 6-2, 6-4 victory over Adrien Burdet. Ronald Hohmann caught fire against No. 72 Alex Reco in the third set, putting LSU up one after a 6-4, 1-6, 6-1 victory. Freshman Joao Graca clinched the match on court four after defeating Aleksa Bucan, 7-6(5), 6-4. Court six played their match out, and for icing on the cake, Benjamin Ambrosio defeated Enrique Paya, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4.
The Tigers will be back on the road on Monday, March 15 to face Tulsa in Tulsa, Oklahoma at 1:00 p.m.
LSU vs University of Arkansas
Mar 12, 2021 at Fayetteville, Ark.
Billingsley Tennis Center
LSU 5, University of Arkansas 2
1. #99 Ronald Hohmann (LSU) def. #72 Alex Reco (ARK) 6-4, 1-6, 6-1
2. Rafael Wagner (LSU) def. Maxim Verboven (ARK) 6-4, 6-3
3. Nico Rousset (ARK) def. Tom Pisane (LSU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Joao Graca (LSU) def. Aleksa Bucan (ARK) 7-6 (7-5), 6-4
5. Boris Kozlov (LSU) def. Adrien Burdet (ARK) 6-2, 6-4
6. Benjamin Ambrosio (LSU) def. Enrique Paya (ARK) 6-4, 1-6, 6-4
1. Enrique Paya/Hunter Harrison (ARK) vs. #60 Rafael Wagner/Ronald Hohmann (LSU) 5-5, unfinished
2. Melvin Manuel/Adrien Burdet (ARK) def. Joao Graca/Joey Thomas (LSU) 6-3
3. Nico Rousset/Alex Reco (ARK) def. Nick Watson/Boris Kozlov (LSU) 6-4
University of Arkansas 7-6
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3); Singles (3,2,5,1,4,6)