LSU Reminds Fans of Key COVID Protocols, Adjustments
BATON ROUGE – LSU Athletics reminds fans planning to attend Saturday’s football game against South Carolina of important COVID-19 protocols in place for the 2020 football season.
Kickoff for Saturday’s contest between the Tigers and Gamecocks is set for 6 p.m. It’s the first night game in Tiger Stadium this year.
LSU Athletics officials said fans largely adhered to the numerous new COVID protocols for the first home game, including campus tailgating policies for the 2020 season. Two key areas for improvement identified were reminding fans to wear masks in seats and to ensure fans remain in their ticketed seat locations.
“Fans did great for the first home game, though it has been a few weeks and we can probably all use a reminder,” said Senior Associate Athletic Director Robert Munson. “The most important point is to stay home if you feel sick, maintain physical distance, and please wear a mask on campus, in the stadium and in your seats.”
The LSU Athletic Ticket Office works to ensure all seating groups are physically distanced in compliance with public health directives. LSU officials are encouraging fans to remain in their ticketed location, so the proper physical distancing is maintained for all fans.
Important COVID-19 protocol reminders:
- Tailgating is not permitted on campus for the 2020 football season.
- Gameday parking opens 4 hours prior to game time and all lots require a permit, including free lots. Contact the LSU Athletic Ticket Office at 225-578-0100 for more information on parking permits.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required on campus, in Tiger Stadium and in seats.
- Fans should remain in their assigned, ticketed seats
- Alcohol may only be consumed in seating areas. No standing consumption of alcohol in corridors or common areas is permitted.
- Physical distancing is mandated on campus and in Tiger Stadium.
- Tickets are mobile and can be loaded prior to arrival on campus via the LSU Sports Mobile App.
- Concessions and merchandise transactions are cashless. Cash to credit machines are available.
- Fans can review complete updated protocols at LSUSports.net/gameplan and receive updates with the new LSU Sports Mobile App.
Fans with questions regarding any LSU Athletics policy should contact LSU Guest Services at (225) 578-4085 or the LSU Athletic Ticket Office at 225-578-0100 during normal business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. CT).