- LSU Football Game Notes
- Credential Requests
- Live/On-Demand Press Conferences: LSUsports.net (Live | On-Demand) | Facebook Watch | YouTube | Periscope/Twitter
BATON ROUGE – LSU Athletics announced today the 2020 LSU Football media operations and protocols that will be in effect for GameDay throughout the season. These protocols are to fully accommodate the needs of the media while keeping all individuals safe for the duration of the event as we continue to monitor developments in national, state, and local guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus protocols.
The adaptive protocols include new press conference formats for head coach and student-athlete interviews, facility restrictions, pool photographers and videographers, reduced capacity of press areas and technology solutions to accommodate the media.
Related: GamePlan for GameDay (fan protocols)
SEC ACCESS POLICIES
Host institution can credential up to six (6) non-institutional media photographers at their discretion with priority consideration given to (1) one wire outlet (AP, USA Today, Getty); (2) key local outlets of home team; (3) additional wire outlets, consistent with FWAA committee recommendations.
- Up to two (2) non-institutional media photographers may be permitted on the field/sideline. These photographers must participate in required COVID screening consistent with institutional personnel permitted on the field. One photographer will be assigned to each end of the field. Photographers may move from sideline-to-sideline during the game by moving behind the end zone.
- At no time may a non-institutional media photographer come within 6 feet of the bench area or move behind the bench area.
- Up to four (4) non-institutional media photographers may be permitted to shoot from the stands, or in LSU’s case, areas located outside of the fencing around the playing field.
- Per SEC guidelines, all other credentialed media WILL NOT be permitted on the field
- Face masks will be required in all areas during the duration an individual is on campus. Note that a face shield is not considered adequate protection and must be accompanied by a face mask.
- All credentialed media will be required to go through temperature screening and wellness check in PMAC Legends Club before entering the Tiger Stadium perimeter
- All credential requests will need to go through LSUSports.net/media. The credential portal opened Sept. 14 for single-game credential requests
- Access will be limited due to the capacity limit in the press box per federal, state and local guidelines
- Credentials are non-transferable and will be issued on a game-by-game basis
- The bearer of the credential and his or her employer or assigning organization: (i) assume all risk incident to the performance of services by the bearer, assume all risk incident to the bearer’s attendance at the event and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the conferences, its member institutions and their respective affiliates, agents and employees from and against all liability, loss, damage or expense resulting from or arising out of the bearer’s presence at the venue, howsoever caused, whether by negligence or otherwise; and (ii) grant permission to the institution and its designees to utilize without compensation the bearer’s images, likeness and/or voice in any photograph or live or recorded video or audio display or other transmission or reproduction of the Event or in any excerpt thereof.
- Unauthorized use of this credential or violation of its terms may subject bearer and/or assigner to ejection from the venue, revocation of the credential, denial of access in the future, prosecution for civil or criminal trespass and any other remedies available under the law;
- GameDay Parking Map (subject to change)
- All media that are approved for a credential will receive a parking pass and will park in the designated lot
- The designated parking lot will open five (5) hours before kickoff
- All credentialed media are encouraged to arrive early as new credential pick up, COVID-19 screening and elevator protocols may affect the time to get up to press box
MEDIA WILL CALL
- All media will be required to check-in at media will call for wellness and bag check, located in the PMAC Legends Club, as no credentials will be issued prior to arrival
- Upon arrival, media will have temperature taken at the Shaq statue and will be allowed to enter Tiger Stadium perimeter based on results
- If individuals record a high temp, then there will be Acadian Ambulance medical personnel set up nearby for further testing. Media with an allowable temperature (100.4 or below) will be able to use the stairs or elevator to go to Legends Club to pick up credentials
- Media will then exit through the Legends club, follow the concourse to the right SW ramp or NW stairs down to the plaza to follow the sidewalk to the NW Media Entrance at Tiger Stadium.
- Media will use the same elevators as in past seasons to enter press box but are encouraged to take a walkable route to the press box if possible. Due to new safety protocols, LSU’s new elevator policies currently limit the number of passengers per car, thus creating longer wait times.
- Media will not be allowed to roam the press box or be able to access the field at any time – pregame, during game or postgame
- In efforts to reduce contact points, game notes, depth chart, in-game stats, post-game stats, etc. will be available online. Links will be provided prior to arriving at Tiger Stadium
- All press box meals will be pre-packaged and distributed beginning two hours prior to kickoff
- Bottled and canned beverages will be available for the duration of the event
- Pre-packaged snacks will be available during halftime
VIRTUAL PRESS CONFERENCES
- All post-game press conferences will take place over Zoom
- Home and visitor links, meeting ID and password will be provided to the media via email prior to the game and during the game
- LSU head coach will go first with players to follow
- The completed press conference videos (broadcast quality) will be available to the media and home and visiting team via the FTP 30 minutes after the press conference has finished. Links to the FTP will be emailed once uploaded
- The LSU postgame press conference will stream live on LSU Football’s Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube channels
- Per SEC rules, a pool photographer and videographer will be provided for each game for all media outlets
- Links to photo and video will be emailed out prior to arrival at Tiger Stadium as well as postgame
- Photos will be made available to the media up to an hour after the game
- Video highlights and press conference video will be made available 30 minutes postgame and will be hosted on the SEC Media Portal
SEC MEDIA PORTAL
- Highlights, Photos & Press Conferences: The SEC and XOS Digital will provide a platform for distribution of game highlights, game photos and press conference content. Highlights from all SEC football games be available via the SEC Media Portal.
- Whenever school postgame press conferences are available, they will be posted to the portal as well.
- Still photography will be available in the portal for the media at halftime and following each SEC football game and video will be available after each game.
- The SEC Media Access Guidelines continue to apply to this content and are outlined in the 2020 credentialing registration process. To request access to the SEC Media Portal and create an account, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESS BOX OPEN/CLOSE
- The press box will open five hours prior to kickoff
- The press box will stay open two hours after the conclusion of the game