2020 Adjustments to Alcohol Policy (as of Oct. 5, 10:15 a.m. CT)
- Alcohol sales shall be provided only to customers who will return to their ticketed seats for consumption. No standing consumption shall be allowed.
- No alcohol sales shall be conducted to a patron who is not wearing a face covering.
- No alcohol sales shall occur after the end of the third quarter.
Pre-COVID Alcohol Policy
Beginning in the fall of 2019, beer and wine sales will be available for fans ages 21 and over inside Tiger Stadium. Aramark, LSU Athletics’ concessionaire, will sell a variety of domestic and imported beer as well as red and white wines at most concession stands inside Tiger Stadium. The sales of alcoholic beverages will end at the conclusion of the third quarter in football.
The announcement follows new SEC policies adopted this spring allowing the sale of beer and wine in public areas of athletics venues within certain parameters. Among the provisions, the policy requires that all beverages must be served in a cup and that no more than two alcoholic beverages be purchased per transaction. Each transaction will require a valid ID.
LSU staff and vendors will undergo training to properly facilitate institutional and conference policy, and to adhere to all state and federal laws and regulations. Staff members for each concession stand will be required to complete the Louisiana Responsible Vendor alcohol training course and purchase an East Baton Rouge Parish seller permit. All servers will also be instructed according to LSU’s policies and trained to identify public intoxication in order to refuse service to any fan who appears impaired. Security personnel reserve the right to eject or arrest fans who are intoxicated or share alcoholic beverages with minors.
Concession stands nearest the student section will not sell beer and wine. LSU will reserve limited stands for volunteer groups who do not wish to sell alcoholic beverages.
Fans are encouraged to report any violation of this policy and/or any unruly behavior by notifying stadium or law enforcement personnel, or by calling LSU Guest Services at (225) 578-4085 or texting “LSU” followed by and issue and location to 69050. Dial 911 for emergencies.
The Southeastern Conference game management policy on alcohol can be found here.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy:
- The possession or consumption of alcohol not sold in the venue is expressly prohibited.
- No more than two alcoholic beverages may be purchased per transaction.
Alcoholic beverages must be poured into a cup.(Updated in 2020 to remove requirement)
- A valid ID is required for each transaction.
- Alcohol will not be served to fans who are visibly intoxicated.
- Alcohol sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter of the game for football.
Alcohol-Related Code of Conduct:
Stadium personnel and law enforcement will monitor fan behavior. Ejection without refund, arrest, or refusal of sale or consumption of alcohol could result for reasons not limited to:
- Unruly, disruptive or illegal behavior.
- Giving alcoholic beverages to a minor.
- Public intoxication or impairment.
- Abusive or offensive language or gestures.
- Throwing of any objects.
- Failure to follow stadium and/or law enforcement personnel instruction.
- Any other conduct deemed inappropriate by stadium personnel or law enforcement.