Track & Field and Cross Country Has 12 Graduate
Baton Rouge, La. – Twelve student-athletes from the LSU track & field and cross country program graduated with their degrees from LSU on Friday.
Jack Wilkes (Master of Business Administration), Sara Funderburk (Animal Sciences), Hollie Parker (Textiles, Apparel, & Merchandising), Annie Jung (Business), Andre Girouard (Kinesiology), Allyson Seals (Kinesiology), Courtney Tapocik (Sports Administration), Da’Quan Bellard (Interdisciplinary Studies), Tonea Marshall (Sociology), Richard Thompson (Sociology), Amelie Whitehurst (History), and Reuben Twijukye (Doctorate in Philosophy) are the 12 graduates.
- Annie Jung – 2020 SEC Community Service Team
- Andre Girouard, Da’Quan Bellard – Members of LSU’s 2019 SEC Outdoor Team Championship
- Tonea Marshall – LSU school record holder in 60 meter hurdles; third-fastest 60 meter hurdler in NCAA history (7.86), 4x All-American, 2020 SEC Champion (60m hurdles/meet record of 7.89)
- Richard Thompson – 3x Olympian, 3x Olympic Medalist, 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist (Trinidad & Tobago 4×100 meter relay), 4x NCAA Champion, 5x SEC Champion
- Reuben Twijukye – 2008 NCAA indoor All-American (800 meters), No. 5 LSU history (800m indoors – 1:48.29)
- Hollie Parker – member of six of the fastest seven DMRs in school history including school record of 10:57.66 that was set in 2017
- Jack Wilkes – member of school record setting DMR in 2017 that clocked time of 9:31.66
A full list of LSU student-athlete graduates can be found at lsusports.net.