Softball Faces South Alabama Tuesday
BATON ROUGE – The No. 5/4 LSU Softball team will face South Alabama in a midweek matchup Tuesday at 6 p.m. in Tiger Park.
The game will stream online through SEC Network+ and WatchESPN with Hall of Famers Lyn Rollins and Yvette Girouard on the call. Live stats will be available at LSUStats.com.
Series Record Against…
The Tigers are 10-2 against the Jaguars. The last time the two met was in 2018. The Tigers claimed a 4-0 win behind a no-hitter by Carley Hoover. The last time the Tigers fell to South Alabama was in 2014, falling 2-1.
About the Tigers
The Tigers go into the midweek with a 20-3 record after a 4-0 weekend in the LSU Round Robin. The Tigers are undefeated at home. Georgia Clark leads the team at the plate with a .426 average. She owns four home runs, 17 RBI and has walked 16 times with a .741 slugging percentage and a .557 on-base percentage.
In the circle, the Tigers have the No. 1 ERA in the country at 0.93. Shelby Wickersham leads the way with a 0.40 ERA and a 5-1 record. Ali Kilponen is also 5-1 with a 0.45 ERA. She has struck out 40 batters in 31 innings of work. Maribeth Gorsuch leads the team in strikeouts with 42 in 36.2 innings.
Scouting South Alabama
South Alabama comes in with an 8-16 record on the year. They are coming off a series win over Appalachian State, claiming the first two games of the series. Amanda Flynn leads team with a .338 mark at the plate. She owns 23 hits, including two doubles, a triple and a home run. She has tallied eight RBI and is 3-for-5 in stolen bases.
In the circle, Jenna Hardy leads the team with a 2.76 earned run average. She is 2-6 and has struck out 38 batters in 71 innings. Lexi Hutchins is 5-4 with a 3.40 ERA.
What’s On Deck
The Tigers will open up SEC action over the weekend, traveling to South Carolina March 13-15. Friday’s game will be at 5 p.m. on SEC Network+. Game two on Saturday will be at 11 a.m. and will air on SEC Network. Sunday’s game will be at 2 p.m. and will be live on SEC Network.
– We will still have an entry gate behind centerfield for those of you that have general admission seating for the Tiger Park Terrance or Outfield Bleachers, but it will be moved slightly to the south behind The Mike. This entrance will open 1.5 hours prior to all LSU games. It will not be open for non-LSU games.
– We now have permanent restrooms behind centerfield and attached to The Mike. These restrooms will be open 3 hours prior to the first pitch of all LSU games and one hour prior for tournament games that do not include LSU. The soccer restrooms will not be open to the public this season. We encourage you to tailgate in the grass areas on the west side of the Soccer Complex behind their bleachers and main entrance.
– For select home games, LSU Concessions will offer an enhanced menu that includes Chicken Tenders, Fresh Cooked Burgers Dressed (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion), Fries, Fresh Boudin Links and Jambalaya. Catfish Baskets will be served on Lenten Fridays.
– Addition of beer and wine sales at all home games – graphic attached. Sales will end at the top of the 5th inning. Service limit – 2 per person. Alcohol will be poured into a cup.
– Guest Services hotline number 225-578-4085.
– Follow @LSUgameops on Twitter for game time and weather updates throughout the season.