Softball Faces LA Tech in Midweek Matchup Wednesday
BATON ROUGE – The No. 6 LSU Softball team will face Louisiana Tech in a midweek matchup Wednesday at 6 p.m. in Tiger Park.
The game will stream online through SEC Network+ and WatchESPN with Hall of Famers Lyn Rollins and Yvette Girouard on the call. Live stats will be available at LSUStats.com.
Series Record Against…
The Tigers are 18-0 against the Lady Techsters in program history and 6-0 under head coach Beth Torina. In the last meeting, the Tigers claimed a 2-1 victory in nine innings in the 2018 Purple & Gold Challenge.
About the Tigers
The Tigers go into the midweek with an 8-1 record after going 3-1 in the LSU Invitational. The Tigers picked up wins against Samford, North Dakota and then-No. 13 ULL. The Tigers dropped their first road game of the year at ULL on Saturday, falling in a close 2-1 game.
Ali Kilponen earned SEC Pitcher of the Week after going 2-0 on the weekend. She remains undefeated at 3-0. Taylor Pleasants continues to lead the Tigers and the SEC with a batting average of .522. She has a team-leading 12 hits and eight runs scored.
Scouting LA Tech
LA Tech is 2-6 on the year with wins over Alabama A&M and Evansville. Zoe Hicks leads the team with a .273 average with six hits, three runs scored and an RBI. She has struck out nine times. In the circle, the Lady Techsters are led by Bre Hernandez, who owns a 2.72 ERA. She is 2-1 and in 18 innings of work, she has struck out 17.
What’s On Deck
The Tigers will host their third straight home tournament February 21-22, welcoming in Belmont and Sam Houston St. For a full schedule, click here.
– We will still have an entry gate behind centerfield for those of you that have general admission seating for the Tiger Park Terrance or Outfield Bleachers, but it will be moved slightly to the south behind The Mike. This entrance will open 1.5 hours prior to all LSU games. It will not be open for non-LSU games.
– We now have permanent restrooms behind centerfield and attached to The Mike. These restrooms will be open 3 hours prior to the first pitch of all LSU games and one hour prior for tournament games that do not include LSU. The soccer restrooms will not be open to the public this season. We encourage you to tailgate in the grass areas on the west side of the Soccer Complex behind their bleachers and main entrance.
– For select home games, LSU Concessions will offer an enhanced menu that includes Chicken Tenders, Fresh Cooked Burgers Dressed (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion), Fries, Fresh Boudin Links and Jambalaya. Catfish Baskets will be served on Lenten Fridays.
– Addition of beer and wine sales at all home games – graphic attached. Sales will end at the top of the 5th inning. Service limit – 2 per person. Alcohol will be poured into a cup.
– Guest Services hotline number 225-578-4085.
– Follow @LSUgameops on Twitter for game time and weather updates throughout the season.