Lambeau College Classic to Kickoff at 2:30 p.m. CT
BATON ROUGE – LSU’s 2016 season-opener against Wisconsin at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin will be televised by ABC and carry a 2:30 p.m. kickoff, the network announced on Tuesday.
The LSU-Wisconsin game is one of six games that will be part of an ESPN and ABC tripleheader on the first full Saturday of college football season. The full lineup of games that is part of the Saturday ESPN and ABC tripleheader include:
- No. 5 Oklahoma vs. No. 18 Houston (AdvoCare Texas Kickoff – NRG Stadium) 11 a.m. CT on ABC
- Hawaii at No. 3 Michigan (Ann Arbor, Mich.) 11 a.m. CT on ESPN
- No. 6 LSU vs. Wisconsin (Lambeau Field – Green Bay, Wisc.) 2:30 p.m. CT on ABC
- No. 13 Georgia vs. No. 19 North Carolina (Chick-fil-a Kickoff – Georgia Dome) 4:30 p.m. on ESPN
- No. 12 Southern Cal vs. No. 1 Alabama (AT&T Stadium – Arlington, Texas) 7 p.m. on ABC
- No. 2 Clemson at Auburn (Auburn, Ala.) 8 p.m. CT on ESPN
ESPN/ABC is calling the first week of the 2016 season the “best college football opening weekend schedule ever”. The lineup also includes Notre Dame at Texas on Sunday, Sept. 4, followed by a Labor Day contest between Ole Miss and Florida State in Orlando, Fla.
The 2016 season marks LSU’s 12th year under head coach Les Miles, who has led the Tigers to a 112-32 mark in Baton Rouge. LSU is 11-0 in season-openers under Miles and the Tigers go into the Wisconsin game with the longest non-conference regular season winning streak in the history of college football at 52 consecutive victories.
The remainder of LSU’s early-season television lineup is expected to be announced at the SEC Spring Meetings later this month in Destin, Florida.