Who is eligible to tryout?
- Full-time undergraduate LSU students in good academic standing
- High school seniors with provisional admission
- Undergraduate transfer students with provisional admission may tryout. Transfer students must have a minimum of two years of undergraduate class work remaining at LSU in order to tryout.
- For an admissions application, please contact the Undergraduate Office of Admissions at 225-578-1175
Are scholarships awarded?
- Yes! However, these are called “Financial Service Awards.”
- Financial service awards are not offered to first-year squad members.
- 2nd year Award $1000, 3rd year Award $1500, 4th year Award $2000 per YEAR.
- The LSU Athletics Department pays all expenses directly associated with uniforms and athletic attire, as well as any travel expenses. This includes summer dance camp in mid- July.
In what events do the Tiger Girls participate?
- The Tiger Girls primarily participate at all home games for the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams, Football, and Baseball game and occasional gymnastics meets.
- In addition, the Tiger Girls have the opportunity to support the teams during post-season tournaments.
- Each year the Tiger Girls participate in several athletic department, university and community related events
Does the squad compete?
- Yes! Each year, the LSU Tiger Girls Squad compete in the UDA National Collegiate Dance Team Championships.
- In 2015, the LSU Tiger Girls Squad placed 5th in both Jazz and Hip Hop Divisions for Division 1A schools. We have won two national hip hop championships in 1999 and 2010.