Levreault-Lopez Named To Tiger Twelve Class of 2019
Baton Rouge– LSU Men’s Swimmer Alarii Levreault-Lopez was one of twelve students named to the Tiger Twelve Class of 2019.
“I think this a tremendous honor for Alarii and emphasizes the ability for our talented student-athletes to make the most out of their experience here at LSU,” said LSU Head Swim Coach Dave Geyer. “I know we had a few swimmers nominated this year and to have one be selected was exciting. There is no doubt that this is just the start of success for Alarii and there are great things for him in the future.”
Levreault-Lopez was selected as the senior has a 4.045 GPA in Petroleum Engineering with a minor in Geology. The Canton, Georgia native will graduate this May.
The Tiger Twelve began after students, staff, and faculty came together to craft a statement that is known today as the LSU Commitment of Community.
The LSU Commitment to Community states:
Louisiana State University is an interactive community in which students, faculty, and staff together strive to pursue truth, advance learning, and uphold the highest standards of performance in an academic and social environment.
It is a community that fosters individual development and the creation of bonds that transcend the time spent within its gates.
To demonstrate my pride in LSU, as a member of its community, I will:
- accept responsibility for my actions;
- hold myself and others to the highest standards of academic, personal and social integrity;
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations;
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences;
- respect the environment and the rights and properties of others and the university;
- contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community; and
- use my LSU experience to be an active citizen in an international and interdependent world.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the LSU Commitment to Community, these students:
- hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
For more information and updates on LSU Swimming and Diving please visit LSUsports.net, ‘like’ us on Facebook at LSU Swimming and Diving or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @LSUSwimDive.