Volleyball Faces Tennessee Sunday
BATON ROUGE – After falling to No. 15 Kentucky on Friday evening, the LSU volleyball team (7-12, 2-6 SEC) will look to get back on the winning track, facing Tennessee (15-5, 6-2 SEC) Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m. CT inside the Pete Maravich Assembly Center.
The match will stream live on SEC Network+ with Lyn Rollins and Garrett Walvoord on the call. The match will also be available via live stats at LSUStats.com.
The Tigers lead the all-time series against Tennessee, 38-24. The Tigers have won five of the last eight match ups with the Vols. Last season, the Tigers fell to Tennessee in three sets in Baton Rouge, but defeated the Vols on the road in five sets. The last time the Tigers defeated the Vols in Baton Rouge was in 2015.
– LSU is coming off a straight-set loss to No. 15 Kentucky on Friday, falling by scores of 14-25, 16-25, 21-25.
– Bannister is ranked 18th in the country in kills per set (4.46) and points per set (4.96).
– As a team, the Tigers rank second in the league at digs per set (15.19).
– Last week, the Tigers picked up their first SEC victories, claiming wins over Georgia in four sets last Wednesday and a sweep against Auburn on Sunday.
– Raigen Cianciulli was named SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Week on Monday, Oct. 15 after picking up a team-high 47 digs in two matches last week, including 28 against Georgia, the ninth-most digs in a four-set match in program history.
– LSU returns 10 letterwinners from last year’s squad and were picked to finish fourth in the SEC Coaches Poll back in June.
– The Tigers enter the season with a total of 294 SEC victories, just needing four to close in on the 300 mark after Sunday’s win over
Volleyball Social Center
For all of the latest news and information on Tiger volleyball, visit www.lsusports.net/volleyball. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at www.Facebook.com/lsuvolleyball along with @lsuvolleyball and @lsucoachfran on Twitter and @lsuvolleyball on Instagram.