Tigers Hit the Road for Pair of Away Matches
Baton Rouge, La. – The LSU soccer team (6-1-0) will open up its SEC schedule on Friday night with a game against No. 4 Texas A&M in College Station at 7:30 p.m. CT. The Tigers will then travel to Cincinnati, Ohio, for a Sunday matchup against Cincinnati at 12 p.m. CT.
The Basics | Game Notes
LSU at No. 4 Texas A&M | Friday, Sept. 14 | 7:30 p.m. CT
LSU at Cincinnati | Sunday, Sept. 16 | 12 p.m. CT
- LSU has won six straight matches
- Caroline Brockmeier is tied for the NCAA and SEC lead with six shutouts
- The Tigers have not allowed a goal in the last 540 minutes of play (second-longest current streak in the NCAA and second-longest streak in school history)
- There have been four instances in LSU’s 24-year history that the Tigers have registered four-straight shutouts or more; two of those occasions have come in 2017 and 2018 with Brockmeier in net.
- Adrienne Richardson ranks third in the SEC in shots per game (4.14) and her 0.57 goals per game ranks ninth in the conference. She has scored four goals and tallied one assist thus far during the 2018 season to lead LSU’s attack
- Marlena Cutura has tallied seven points in her last four games (2g & 3a) which is already a career high for her. She registered the first multi-assist game of her career on last Thursday night to help LSU defeat Stetson 2-0
- Cutura and Abbey Newton have teamed up to help LSU score a goal off a corner kick in each of the last two games. Newton has headed both goals past the opposing keepers in both instances with the assist going to Cutura. Newton ranks second on the team with eight points (3g & 2a) registered this season
The Winning Streak
LSU has reeled off six straight wins after dropping the season opener to Villanova 2-1 in overtime. The Tigers have outscored their opponents in this six-game stretch by a tally of 11-0. This is the seventh time in program history that LSU has registered a win streak of at least six games during a season. It’s the second time in program history that the Tigers have registered at least a five-game winning streak in back-to-back seasons. LSU won seven in a row to start the 2017 campaign, and the other occasion came in 2002 (nine in a row/school record) and 2003 (five in a row). The win streak is currently the seventh-longest in the NCAA. Stanford has reeled off 26 straight, while Texas A&M (8 straight), Boston College (8 straight), Mississippi State (7 straight), Auburn (7 straight) and Virginia (7 straight) are narrowly ahead of the Tigers.
Scouting Texas A&M
2018 Record: 8-0-0
Ally Watt – 15 points (7g & 1a)
Asdis Halldorsdottir – 7 points (2g &3a)
Cosette Morche – 0.25 GAA, 21 saves, .913 save percentage
2018 Record: 3-3-1
Sydney Kilgore – 4 points (2 goals)
Jill Vetere – 4 points (1g & 2a)
Claudia Eustaquio – 12 saves, 1.24 GAA, .750 save percentage