Forty-Five Tigers on SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Forty-five LSU student-athletes were named to the 2017-18 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll on Wednesday by Commissioner Greg Sankey. The First-Year accolades are based on grades from the 2017-18 academic calendar.
The women’s soccer and women’s swimming & diving teams led the way for LSU with six student-athletes honored from each squad, including All-SEC Second Team defender Chiara Ritchie-Williams.
Five members of the women’s track & field team were recognized, led by All-SEC Second Team honoree Zakiya Denoon from the 4x400m relay squad.
The gymnastics, softball, beach volleyball and men’s swimming & diving teams placed four representatives each on the First-Year Honor Roll.
NCAA doubles national champion Eden Richardson represented the women’s tennis team, one of five LSU teams to have two honorees on the list. The baseball, women’s basketball, football and volleyball teams also had two honorees from each squad. Trey Winstead and Kendall Griffin represented the men’s and women’s golf teams on the honor roll.
Any student-athlete who participates in an SEC championship sport or is a student-athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution’s NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll. The following criteria is applied for nomination:
(1) A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e. letterwinner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
LSU Members of the 2017-18 First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll
Brandt Broussard, Baseball, General Business
Hal Hughes, Baseball, Sport Administration
Khayla Pointer, Women’s Basketball, Undeclared
Rakell Spencer, Women’s Basketball, Sport Administration
Tatum Ballard, Beach Volleyball, General Business
Hunter Domanski, Beach Volleyball, Chemical Engineering
Haleigh Nelson, Beach Volleyball, Master of Business Administration
Savannah Wininger, Beach Volleyball, Finance
K’Lavon Chaisson, Football , Undeclared
Breiden Fehoko, Football , Communication Studies
Trey Winstead, Men’s Golf, General Business
Kendall Griffin, Women’s Golf, Business
Christina Desiderio, Gymnastics, Undeclared
Sarah Edwards, Gymnastics, Environmental Engineering
Olivia Gunter, Gymnastics, Mass Communication
Gracen Standley, Gymnastics, Sport Administration
Lindsey Eaton, Soccer, General Business
Haley Garrett, Soccer, Animal Science
Alexis Larimore, Soccer, Biology
Lucy Parker, Soccer, Kinesiology
Dana Reed, Soccer, Communication Studies
Chiara Ritchie-Williams, Soccer, Economics
CC Caccamise, Softball, Kinesiology
Michaela Schlattman, Softball, Sport Administration
Becca Schulte, Softball, Sport Administration
Shelbi Sunseri, Softball, Communication Disorders
Dakota Hurbis, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Finance
Cameron Karkoska, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Sport Administration
Braden Nyboer, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Biological Sciences
Luca Pfyffer, Men’s Swimming & Diving, Mechanical Engineering
Leyre Casarin, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Mass Communication
Kit Hanley, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Mass Communication
Alyssa Helak, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Accounting
Cassie Kalisz, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Mass Communication
Miranda Nichols, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Studio Art
Katie Smith, Women’s Swimming & Diving, Petroleum Engineering
Ashton Rabalais, Women’s Tennis, Psychology
Eden Richardson, Women’s Tennis, General Business
Kristin Delgado, Women’s Track & Field, Biology
Zakiya Denoon, Women’s Track & Field, Sport Administration
Amber Desselle, Women’s Track & Field, Biology
Cori Mitchell, Women’s Track & Field, Sport Administration
Alicia Stamey, Women’s Track & Field, Kinesiology
Raigen Cianciulli, Volleyball, Nutrition and Food Science
Nicole Decker, Volleyball, General Business