Fans Reminded to Arrive Early on GameDay
BATON ROUGE – A record crowd is expected to be on the LSU campus tomorrow when 13th-ranked LSU hosts top-ranked and undefeated Alabama in what will the premier game in college football this weekend.
Kickoff for the Tigers and Crimson Tide is scheduled for 7 p.m. in a sold out Tiger Stadium. Activities on campus start at 8 a.m. on Saturday so fans are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy the many events taking place throughout the day.
ESPN’s College GameDay begins the day at 8 a.m. as the three-hour show will air from the Quad in the center of campus. LSU coach Ed Orgeron is scheduled to make an appearance on the GameDay set at 9:25 tomorrow morning.
LSU will also celebrate its military history with the annual LSU Salutes ceremony beginning at 9 a.m. on the Parade Ground. The event, which is free and open to the public, will include a military parade, a 21-gun salute and the induction of 10 new members into the LSU Military Hall of Honor.
In anticipation of the record crowd and the other events on campus, LSU has issued the following reminders and recommendations for fans:
- Tailgating on the Parade Grounds will not be permitted until noon CT due to LSU Salutes, which starts at 9 a.m. and runs for most of the morning.
- Plan to arrive on campus and carpool when possible.
- LSU’s Clear Bag Policy is in effect for all athletic events on campus. Visit www.LSUsports.net/GeauxClear for more information.
- The game is sold out but those fans looking for tickets are advised to purchase through a third party utilize the LSU Ticket Marketplace which is powered by StubHub and is the only ticket resale site that is officially sanctioned by LSU and guaranteed to provide legitimate tickets. To buy or sell tickets, visit LSUsports.net/marketplace.
- LSU will have parking and traffic updates throughout the day on its social media platforms www.twitter.com/LSUsports and www.Facebook.com/LSUtigers as well as the official website of LSU Athletics www.LSUsports.net/parking.
- Please be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times. If you see something, say something. For more information on Tiger Stadium policies visit www.LSUsports.net/faninfo.