Fan Advisory Issued for Men's Basketball Game
BATON ROUGE – LSU is expecting the largest crowd of the season on Tuesday night in the Maravich Center when the Tigers host top-ranked and undefeated Kentucky at 6 p.m.
As a result, fans are encouraged to arrive early for the game. Doors to the Maravich Center and the ticket office will open at 4:30 p.m. All advance sale tickets for the game are sold out.
Full-time LSU students with a grade point average of 2.0 or better will be admitted free of charge to the game on a first-come, first-serve basis by providing a valid LSU ID upon entering the facility at the student entrance, which is located near the top of the southeast ramp.
Students are reminded to arrive early as the student section is expected to reach capacity well before tipoff.
Those fans who have purchased tickets and plan on picking them up at will call are strongly encouraged to do so either today or tomorrow morning if possible. Will call tickets can be picked up at the LSU Athletic Ticket Office, located on the first floor of the Athletic Administration Building, today until 5 p.m. and then again on Tuesday from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Will call tickets can also be picked up at the Maravich Center Ticket Office, located on the upper level concourse on the Tiger Stadium side of the arena, beginning at 4:30 p.m. through halftime. When picking up will call tickets, the ticket holder of record will be required to show a photo ID.
Fans are also reminded of the following Maravich Center policies:
- No bags or purses larger than 8.5” x 11” are allowed
- No backpacks of any size are allowed
- No outside food or drink
- No artificial noise makers
- No video cameras
- No weapons of any kind – including pocket knives, multi-function tools, and any other items deemed inappropriate
- No banners/flags/poles or other obtrusive/obstructive signage
- No tobacco use in or outside of the arena. LSU is a tobacco free campus
- No re-entry – Anyone leaving the arena must have a new unused ticket to re-enter
- All persons entering the facility are subject to search
- Tickets may not be resold on the stadium premises and/or the surrounding grounds (including the parking lots)
The following is a list of parking and traffic reminders to be aware of when coming to campus on Tuesday for the Kentucky game:
- All reserved parking lots for men’s basketball will be held for men’s basketball parking permits only starting at 3 p.m.
- N. Stadium Drive will be closed to thru traffic beginning at 3 p.m. Only those with proper men’s basketball permits will be allowed access after 3 p.m.
- The ongoing city sewer project work on campus has closed all westbound traffic on South Stadium Drive at Fieldhouse Drive (in front of the Military Science Building and Public Safety Building). Alternate routes will be necessary to avoid this closure.
- In addition to the normal free parking on campus, LSU is making Lot 106 (the grass lot next to the Natatorium) open to free parking for this game only.
- LSU offers a special assistance shuttle bus from Lot 105 to the PMAC. Patrons must present a state-issue ADA hangtag to gain access to Lot 105.
- The pre-game shuttle will begin running from Lot 105 at 4 p.m. with post-game operations starting with 10 minutes left in the contest.
Fans are reminded and encouraged to check www.LSUsports.net/parking for up to date information including parking maps and other reference materials to assist fans on gameday.