Men's Tennis Blanks Tulane, 4-0
NEW ORLEANS — The LSU men’s tennis team blanked the Tulane Green Wave, 4-0, in its final non-conference match of the season Wednesday evening at City Park Pepsi Tennis Center.
“That was one of our better matches today,” said LSU head coach Jeff Brown. “We played good doubles and competed great in singles. My former assistant Mark Booras has done a nice job with Tulane and has them on the rise, so we had to play well to get the win.”
LSU started strong in doubles, winning all three courts by at least three points. In singles, the Tigers continued strong with wins from sophomore Harrison Kennedy, junior Chris Simpson and freshman Justin Butsch. Butsch clinched the match, which is his fourth clinch of the season.
LSU returns to action on Saturday, March 12 for its final regular season SEC match. The Tigers will travel to Fayetteville to take on the Razorbacks at Billingsley Tennis Center.
For up-to-date information and behind the scenes access on the Tigers, fans can follow the LSU men’s tennis team on Twitter and Instagram at @lsutennis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lsutennis.
LSU vs. Tulane
April 9, 2014 at New Orleans, La.
(City Park Pepsi Tennis Center)
LSU 4, Tulane 0
1. #81 Chris Simpson (LSU) def. Dominik Koepfer (Tulane) 6-4, 6-4
2. Justin Butsch (LSU) def. Sebastian Rey (Tulane) 7-6, 6-3
3. Boris Arias (LSU) vs. Jao Chi-Shan (Tulane) 6-3, 6-6, unfinished
4. Andrew Korinek (LSU) vs. Takuma Ohashi (Tulane) 7-6, 5-0, unfinished
5. Harrison Kennedy (LSU) def. Alex Van Cott 6-3, 6-4
6. Tam Trinh (LSU) vs. Ian Van Cott (Tulane) 6-4, 5-5, unfinished
1. Chris Simpson/Boris Arias (LSU) def. Dominik Koepfer/Jao Chi-Shan (Tulane) 8-5
2. Tam Trinh/Eric Perez (LSU) def. Sebastian Rey/Alex Van Cott (Tulane) 8-4
3. Justin Butsch/Andrew Korinek (LSU) def. Ian Van Cott/Iain Sneddon (Tulane) 8-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (5,1,2)