Men's Tennis Looks to Start Run at Mississippi St.
STARKVILLE, Miss. – The LSU men’s tennis team travels to Starkville, Miss. for a Friday afternoon match with No. 22 Mississippi State at A.J. Pitts Tennis Centre.
“This is a resilient group that continues to work extremely hard in an effort to get on a run at some point,” said LSU head coach Jeff Brown. “Every SEC match is an opportunity for just the type of win that we can build on.”
LSU (9-8, 0-5 SEC) finished the last weekend of competition with a 2-1 record, defeating No. 60 George Washington and Nicholls State and falling to No. 9 Texas A&M. Mississippi State (13-7, 3-3 SEC) finished with a 1-1 record after defeating No. 23 Vanderbilt and falling to No. 15 Kentucky.
LSU has a 45-19-1-match advantage in the series with Mississippi State. In 2013, LSU fell 4-1 to then-No. 11 Mississippi State in Baton Rouge.
In the rankings for LSU, Chris Simpson is ranked No. 62 in singles. For Mississippi State, doubles team of Malte Stropp and Jordan Angus are ranked No. 40. Florian Lakat and Malte Stropp are ranked No. 69 and No. 61, respectively.
For up-to-date information and behind the scenes access on the Tigers, fans can follow the LSU men’s tennis team on Twitter and Instagram at @lsutennis and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lsutennis.
Projected Doubles Lineups:
1. Tam Trinh/Andrew Korinek vs. #40 Malte Stropp/Jordan Angus
2. Chris Simpson/Justin Butsch vs. Florian Lakat/Tassilo Schmid
3. Boris Arias/Eric Perez vs. Zach White/Rishab Agarwal
Projected Singles lineups:
1. #62 Chris Simpson vs. #69 Florian Lakat
2. Boris Arias vs. #91 Malte Stropp
3. Justin Butsch vs. Zach White
4. Andrew Korinek vs. Jordan Angus
5. Tam Trinh vs. Rishab Agarwal
6. Harrison Kennedy vs. Tassilo Schmid